Housing Adaptation Grant Pic

Haughey welcomes €75m funding for housing adaptations for older people and those with a disability

–€75 million has been made available in funding -


Dublin Bay North TD Seán Haughey has welcomed funding for Housing Adaptation Grants for Older People and People with a Disability. The fund amounts to €75 million, with 80% coming from exchequer funding through the Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage and the remaining 20% from the relevant Local Authority.

Grants of up to €30,000 are available to assist people with a disability in carrying out necessary works to make a house more suitable for their needs, up to €8,000 to assist older people to have necessary repairs or improvements carried out and up to €6,000 for mobility aids.

Haughey commented “I welcome this funding which will help support older people and those with a disability to live independently. This funding will reduce dependency on our health service and also provide a boost to local economies through employment opportunities. A combined total of over €8.5 million was available for Dublin City Council while over €1.1 million was made available for Fingal County Council.”